Friday 20 January 2012

My First Half Moon Mani

Happy Friday! Even though it's been a 4 day week, the weekend can never come soon enough! 

My manicure today is a bit of a fail, but I like the idea of it...had I used different polishes I think it would have come out a lot nicer. For the base, I chose Revlon Aloof, from the Edgy Elegance collection. I really like that Revlon is coming out with colors that I like recently, but their formula almost always bubbles up on me. You can probably tell in my pics. Even when I layered NOPI My Lifesaver on top the bubbles came through making it look terrible!

I used round stickers to make the half moon, but probably should have moved them down a little further.


Thinking another coat of polish would maybe fix the bubbles, I added Revlon Whimsical on top. I think I should have just given up at this point. haha Whimsical is another one I wanted to love but the glitter is SO sparse. I ended up doing about 2 coats of this before bed, and by the time I woke up it was a wrinkled, bubbled mess! Do any of you know if Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air is more dense in glitter with one coat?


So that's my nail fail for ya today! ;) What are your experiences with Revlon polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment